I made this for dinner Tuesday night and James really enjoyed it. It is somewhat of a cross between two dishes that are in our regular meal rotation and it will be entering our regular meal rotation. I changed it up slightly to fit what I had on hand.
Chicken ‘n’ Chips
Source: Taste of Home: The Busy Family Cookbook
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce – I used salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies – I used half a 4-ounce can of chopped green chilies
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken – I used frozen grilled chicken strips, chopped
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 4 cups broken tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, taco sauce and chilies. In an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish (I used a square baking dish), layer half of the chicken, soup mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Yield: 4-6 servings